Thursday, July 27, 2006

What I like and Dont Like about Digg.com

What I like and don't like about digg.com?

1. Domain Name: It is very small and easy to remember.
2. Very Good Design Layout. Very simple and easy to navigate.
3. Limited Graphics: Very less gifs are used in digg.com. It helps to loads faster.
4. Less Advertisements. The good think about digg.com is that they have not mixed Advertisements with news like netscape.com
5. Use of Ajax.
6. Very good Uptime: digg.com has maintained very high uptime irrespective of their high traffic.
7. Introduction of "Upcamming Stories" has made Digg.com somewhat transparent.
8. Broad User base over the different geographical location.
9. digg.com blocks the Spammers (users).
10. I just like Digg.


Things I dont like about digg.com

1. It is very addictive. I hardly remember the day I haven’t visited digg.com from my first visit to it.
2. Top 100 Digg Users Control 56% of Digg's HomePage Content.
3. Spammers use "Upcomming Stories" section for SEO.
4. Digg.com gives upper hand to US related news.
5. News doesn’t remains on front page for long.
6 Digg users don’t click ads on landing page.
7. Links on front page burn the bandwidth.
8. Digg is lazier in weekends.
9. Not all good news makes it on front page.
10. Doesn’t have revenue sharing advertisement. ;-)


My Recommendation:
Please don’t change.


Thank You,
Kedaar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home